Catherine McKenna

Your member of parliament for

Ottawa Centre

Catherine McKenna

Your member of parliament for

Ottawa Centre



We can help provide information on federal government issues or connect you to other levels of government and community resources.

We are pleased to help you access these federal government services and programs:

Canada Pension Plan
Almost all people who work in Canada contribute to the Canada Pension Plan. It provides benefits when a contributor retires, is disabled, or passes away.

Employment Insurance
Employment insurance provides income support for workers.
Employment insurance application

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Find out about Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada or see if there is an office close to you.
For more information, you can also visit Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s help centre.

Guaranteed Income Supplement
The Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) is a monthly income supplement available to low income old age security recipients.
GIS Eligibility requirements and application information

Old Age Security
Old Age Security (OAS) is a monthly payment available to some Canadians over the age of 65.

Passport/Consular Affairs
If you are travelling abroad (including to the United States) it is important to have a valid Canadian passport.
Canadian passport application forms
Passport offices close to you.
Global Affairs Canada issues travel advice and advisories for prospective travelers.

Individuals and business taxes can be filed with the Canada Revenue Agency.

Veterans’ issues
Find out information regarding veteran’s issues, or visit a Veteran’s Affairs office near you.


Please Note:

If you have a personal case with any of these departments, a consent form must be filled out with our office to authorize us to speak on your behalf.

Our office cannot influence or interfere in the decision making process. Our office can provide assistance and offer resources in order to guide you through the various processes.

In order to best address your concern, we encourage you to give us a call or send us an email with a brief description of your case. We will be in contact with you to determine next steps in a timely manner.