The Constituency Office of Catherine McKenna, Member of Parliament for Ottawa Centre, is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the role of Outreach and Operations Officer. This is a full-time position.
PURPOSE: This position is primarily responsible for being proactive on community outreach, event planning, and detailed issue correspondence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary job duties and responsibilities for this role are:
- Developing and executing event plans for Community Office led events.
- Developing scenario notes for each meeting and event attended by the MP.
- Processing event invitations and meeting requests from constituents / organizations in the riding and prioritizing requests for the team’s review
- Maintaining an ongoing local event calendar and monitoring the distribution of greetings and remarks
- Developing and maintaining community office distribution lists
- Ensuring preparations and follow-up from community events / meetings are completed.
- Coordinating with the Community Office’s Communications Officer to ensure appropriate social media / communications products are developed and photos captured
- Assists the Director of the Office in maintaining relationships with community organizations, associations, key stakeholders and residents.
- Participating and attending meetings as required
Qualification required to successfully perform the job:
- University degree / College Certificate in political science, communications, social sciences, or a related field
- Five years working experience in event management, communications, or public affairs
- Strong ability in writing and speaking French
- Able to work independently and manage multiple projects at one time
- Able to create and execute a plan and meet strict deadlines
- Highly engaged with daily news and media
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; Facebook, Twitter and other social media
Asset qualifications include:
- Experience with Adobe suite of programs
- Previous Constituency or Parliament Hill experience
- Network of related contacts
- Flexible hours required, including occasional long hours and some weekends
- Changing work priorities daily
- Fast-paced, busy environment
- Willing to help others with smaller tasks whenever necessary
The Outreach and Operations Officer reports directly to Ottawa Centre Constituency Director.
Interested individuals should submit a CV and cover letter in one document with the subject line “Outreach and Operations Officer”. Only individuals who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.